CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Comprehension Toolkit

Good evening friends!  Here in southern Michigan it has been raining EVERYDAY!  It has put the brakes on our daily splash in the pool!
 
This afternoon I met with some friends at school to discuss our launching of the Comprehension Toolkit in the fall.
 
Here are some snapshots of the contents:

 
Each comprehension strategy has a book with the lessons. 

 
The toolkit uses National Geographic-Young Explorers and Time for Kids to teach the strategies.

 
We will begin the year with introducing these strategies using the awesome lessons by Tanny McGregor.  I am really looking forward to sharing these lessons with my first graders!
I love how concrete Tanny makes teaching such abstract concepts!  For an example, check out how Abby used one of Tanny's lessons!



 
While at school I, of course stopped by my classroom in hopes of dropping off some goodies and bringing home some more things to work on.  However, this is what I found on my door.

 
I knew that this may be the case.  The wait will be worth it as our rooms always look great in the fall!  Our custodian is awesome and I really appreciate all that she does for us!


0 comments: