CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 28, 2011

Wow! It's Been A LONG Time!

Wow, I can't believe it has been like three weeks since my last post!  We have been in the middle of our kitchen remodel (so close to being done!), my dad had Triple Bypass Surgery (he is recovering well), my Grandma had been ill (she is now better!), it was the end of the trimester, and of course the usual craziness of being a mom and teacher!


So, I am finally able to post...I am not sure when I will EVER be caught up with my Google Reader!  I have over 1,000 blog posts to read....NUTTY, I know, but I do want to miss a thing!


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families!  Last week we were very busy learning about the First Thanksgiving and discussing all of the things that we are thankful for!

Here are a few highlights:
                        We baked cornbread using a skillet.




We made pilgrim hats and bracelets to wear as we celebrated Thanksgiving together during lunch in our classroom.  Our bracelets helped us remember the story of the First Thanksgiving.




We created a book about the pilgrims, the Mayflower and Native Americans.




We also made our own butter using whipping cream for our cornbread:




          Each child made Indian corn in the Creation Station:




To go back a few weeks earlier...here are a few projects from studying the letter Cc:


                                             Clifford art project and hats

                                                       Decorating Cupcakes

0 comments: