CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December Happenings

Well, I am working on posting more often, but life has not allowed that!  Here are a few pictures of some recent activities.


I is for igloo.....


and for ice cream!  We made ice cream in Ziploc BagsIf you would like a copy of our recipe page that I send home with the kids, leave me a comment with your email.

                                                                             




Here are our adoreable reindeer that we made!  Aren't they cute!  This was a Reindeer Glyph that I purchased from First Grade Blue Skies TPT Store!  We will be using more from this packet next week as we study the letter R!


Here are our stockings!!!   Each year I grab the 50 cent stocking at the Dollar Tree at 50% off the day after Christmas.  The following year, I have a parent volunteer puffy paint their names on them.  We then hang them in the room for about two weeks.  Each child is invited to bring a SMALL item to place in each child's stocking.  Such ideas include a wrapped piece of candy, candy cane, holiday pencil, eraser, bubbles, bouncy ball, etc.  We also have a Writing Station that kids make cards for their classmates.  It is set up so that each child will get two cards from classmates.  Bringing in items for the stockings is OPTIONAL.  The nice thing about this is that if someone does not bring in an item, nobody will ever know.  At the party, they get to open their stockings.  It is so much fun for all of us to watch them ooooh and aaaah over all of their trinkets!


Here is our current bulletin board.  We decorated the trees in class and the gingerbread men were done at home as a family project.
I hope you are all doing well!  I will hopefully be back again posting soon!

2 comments:

Twisted Geek Creations

I would like a copy of the recipe.

silverbug@hellokitty.com

Mrs. C

I would love the recipe! laralrcoe@aol.com

Check out my science blog for kick the can ice cream!
littlemisshypothesis.blogspot.com