CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Did You Notice Anything Different? Plus a Link-Up

Did you notice anything different?  Yup, check out the new blog name!  After spending that last 10 of my 14 years teaching in kindergarten, I am moving to 1st grade!  I am totally excited!  Don't get me wrong, I ADORE Kindergarten!  It will always have a special place in my heart.  However, I was ready for a change and there was an opportunity at my school and so I went for it!
I decided to keep my blog and just change the name.  Now, I need to get my blog button fixed as well!

My mind has been racing with this opportunity to start a new room.  I do plan to stay with my green and blue theme.  I have been inspired by some blog posts and Pinterest.  So, of course this involved shopping.  So, I am linky up with Ladybug's Teacher Files: Summer Shopping Linky Party-June Edition.  Yeah, I am just going to make in time to post for June!  I am sure there will be more to post in July and August as well!
On to the goodies I have found so far!
The baskets came from Dollar General.  I have plenty of baskets and tubs, but I am working on getting more in green and blue to go with my color theme.


I am sure that you have seen the tissue paper Pom Poms floating around blogland.  I wanted to give it a try!  This my first go at it.  Not bad, but hope to do better with the rest!


Last is the plastic tableclover.  This for an idea that I am kicking around....


I saw some blog posts about using butcher paper to make scrunchy borders for you bulletin boards. 

I got the idea from the pictures and links below-they both provide  the how-to's!



You also HAVE to check out Just Another Day in First Grade!  Awesome!

Anyways, I went to get my fadeless paper (it lasts me a good 2-3 year without having to replace it) for my new bulletin boards.  When I got home I realized that they were white on the back.  That would not work for the boarder part.  I was bummed!  But them I saw the above tablecover at the Dollar General!  I tested it at home and I think it will work great for the scrunchy boarder!  If it works out, I will get more with also blue to complete my boards.  I'll post those once I can bet back in and get it done!!
Have a great Saturday!

11 comments:

Lisa R.

I love that color scheme!! You will LOVE first grade! I've been teaching 1st grade for 7 years & there's no where else I'd rather be. :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Jennifer K.

Wow, good luck on the grade change! I love your color scheme - so soothing! And I saw that scrunchy boarder and loved it too - can't wait until I can get back int the classroom to try it!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Rebecca

I just found you through the linky party. I'm your newest follower. Enjoy your grade change! I'm changing to 2nd next year after 14 years in third grade. I'm super excited! I love your green and blue! Come by when you get a chance! I'd love for you to visit me!

Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox

Wolfelicious

Love your colors you decided on. I am sure first grade will be awesome!

APril
Wolfelicious

alwayslearning

Thanks ladies for the compliments and the encouragement for the grade change! I am so excited! Rebecca-good luck with your grade change too! I bet you will love it!
Holly

Kelli

good luck with first grade (I love first!!).

Your purchases look great! Fantastic colors!

Would love if you would stop by my blog and check out my everydayPORTFOLIO (math and literacy journals) resources!

Kelli
Tales From a Traveling Teacher

Anonymous

Love the colors! I'm a new follower. Hope you'll come visit!

Marie
The Hands-On Teacher in First!

Laura

Thank you so much for the shout-out! I want to try those poms, too! So cute! Don't you love blue and green???

Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Miss Trayers

I did that last year-looped up and I learned so much! The color theme is just perfect! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay

mrsjanellebush

Love your boarder idea. I use fabric on some of my boards. I have used the same piece of fabric for my meeting board for 4 years now and it still looks great. It is a little more pricey but I always buy the cheapiest material. Joanne's also gives a discount to teachers which helps too. I am now your newest follower. Please follow my blog too so that we can share ideas.
Mrs. Janelle
http://mrsjanelleskindergarten.blogspot.com/

Penny Lundquist

I love your colors and the border... I am inspired to redo my bulletin boards. ;) You will love first grade! I think in K, we forget how much work we put in at the beginning of the year with just learning the basics of school, now you will be getting them with a full year of training!

Penny